The deadline for registration has passed and we are happy to welcome the following universities as participants in the 2018 National Financial Plan Competition.
- Bowling Green University – Bowling Green, OH2016 National Financial Plan Finalists
- Bryant University – Smithfield, RI
- California State Northridge – Northridge, CA
- Clarion University – Clarion, PA
- East Tennessee State University – Johnson City, TN
- University of North Texas – Denton, TX
- University of North Florida – Jacksonville, FL
- Utah Valley University – Orem, UT
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Business – Richmond, VA
- Western Carolina University – Cullowhee, NC
These Universities represent a potential of 50 students who form teams of 1 or 2 people to work on their financial findings based on a fictional case study. The results of their work will be compiled into a comprehensive financial plan and submitted for review by an experienced panel of judges.
Three Stages of Judging
The plans will go through 3 stages of judging:
- A review of required information and criteria to determine 6 semi-finalists.
- An electronic presentation of the 6 semi-finalists via internet to determine the 3 finalists.
- An in-person presentation by the student teams at the 2018 IARFC Biltmore Conference in April of 2018.
“We are excited to have these Universities on Board,” stated National Financial Plan Competition Coordinator, Susan Cappa. “This is an opportunity for students to craft real world recommendations that will help them as they start their careers in the Financial Services Industry.”
More information can be found on the IARFC Website.