We are excited about the Semi-Finals right around the corner. Six teams from Bryant University, California State Northridge, University of Illinois, University of North Texas, and Utah Valley University are scheduled to present their financial plans via web conference with the IARFC Board of Directors February 12 and 14..
The Semi-Finalist teams scheduled to explain their financial plans this year include:
- Victoria Albanese from Bryant University in Smithfield, RI – Mara Derderian Professor;
- Bonnie Dang and Ashley Nobel from California State University Northridge in Northridge, CA – Dr. Inga Chira Professor;
- Jocelyn Li and Presley Fee from University of Illinois in Urbana, IL – Dr. Craig Lemoine Professor;
- Barbara Mora Alcazar and Rebecca Nydam from University of North Texas in Denton, TX – Dave Ragan Professor;
- Carolyn Searcy from University of North Texas in Denton, – Dave Ragan Professor;
- Taylor Westergard and Charles Stermetz from Utah Valley University in Orem, UT, – Luke Dean Professor.
The IARFC feels this competition gives students an exercise in the routine of a financial consultant – that of analyzing a client’s situation and critically thinking a course of action. In many cases, professors have used this exercise as part of their curriculum.
“We are grateful to our sponsors who have understood the importance of connecting with the future generations of financial consultants,” related H. Stephen Bailey, MRFC and IARFC Chairman and CEO. “This opportunity to prepare and present a financial plan is a basic practical application of what we do for our clients in the real world.”
Once the IARFC Board makes their selections, up to three teams will prepare a live presentation of their plan during the IARFC 2018 Biltmore Conference on the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. The conference is a three-day event featuring industry professional presentations, exhibitors, awards banquet and specialty tours of the Biltmore.
“This is an amazing venue in which to hold the competition this year,” remarked Plan Competition Coordinator Susan Cappa of the IARFC. “The beauty of the Biltmore and the networking opportunities with experienced financial consultants is a outstanding opportunity for the three teams selected to go to the Finals.”
For more information on how to register for judging the Finals of the competition and attend the IARFC 2018 Biltmore Conference, visit the IARFC website.