The International Association of Registered Financial Consultants (IARFC®) announces the 6 teams/individuals who will move on to the Semi-Finals of the National Financial Plan Competition.
These undergraduate teams/individuals were selected from submissions representing universities nationwide with financial service programs. Selected to continue are:
The IARFC National Financial Plan Competition is open to undergraduate university students who are enrolled in a financial services curriculum. From a fictional case narrative, the students are requested to craft a financial plan for judging progressing through various stage.
- Kristen Revis, Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC – Dr. Patrick Payne, Assistant Professor
- Sophia Spangler, Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC – Dr. Patrick Payne, Assistant Professor
- Bridger El-Bakri and Emily Hafen, Utah Valley University, Orem, UT – Dr. Luke Dean, Associate Professor
- David Stout and Tanner Manning, Utah Valley University, Orem, UT – Dr. Luke Dean, Associate Professor
- Gracie Trokey and Thomas Bindbeutel, Truman State University, Kirksville, MO – Charles Boughton, Instructor
- William Lacoste, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL – Ronald Heymann, Program Director
“As the faculty mentor, I am thrilled and pleased to have Gracie Trokey and Thomas Bindbeutel represent Truman State University in the Semi-Finals. They have taken personal responsibility for the Competition challenge to the point of even funding their own entry fees. I could not be a bigger cheerleader for these two motivated individuals,” Charles Boughton, Instructor, Truman State University.
In the Semi-Finals stage, the students attend a preliminary technical meeting for an equipment check and subsequently a plan presentation time. On those days, the teams give their recommendations with accompanying PowerPoints for videotaping. These sessions will be sent to the IARFC U.S. Chapter Board of Directors for voting, resulting in 3 finalists.
These top 3 teams will present their plans virtually during a combined IARFC Annual Trustees and US Chapter Board Meeting in Cincinnati, OH on April 22.
“Our Board Members look forward to the presentations and how our “future” consultants are applying their classroom concepts to real world scenarios,” relates IARFC Trustee Chairman and CEO, Dr. H. Stephen Bailey, MRFC®. “Personally, I enjoy this Competition immensely, particularly this year as the students have to advise their fictional clients through Covid-influencing financial problems.”
Detailed information on the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants and the National Financial Plan Competition can be found at www.iarfc.org. Corporate sponsors and individual donators are welcomed to support this next generation of financial professionals by contacting Susan Cappa at email@example.com.