The IARFC is set to hold the Semi-Finals of the National Financial Plan Competition on Thursday March 12, the day before its annual Board Meeting. The Directors will be on hand to judge teams from Bryant University, Shepherd University, Virginia Commonwealth, Western Carolina and Winthrop University as they present their financial plans via gotomeeting – ultimately selecting three to move to the Finals in Charlotte, NC.
This year’s Semi Finalist team members are:
- David Ferraro and Staci Rezendes from Bryant University, Smithfield, RI – Faculty Advisor Mara L. Derderian, RFC®
- Nicholas Zacchilli from Bryant University, Smithfield, RI – Faculty Advisor Mara L. Derderian, RFC®
- Connor Howard from Shepherd University, Shepherdstown, WV – Faculty Advisor Dr. Nicholas A. Pologeorgis RFC®
- Erik Ott and Zachery Perkins from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA – Faculty Advisor John P. McFarland
- Richard Sigmon and Megan Cherry from Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC – Faculty Advisor Dr. Grace C. Allen
- Kristin Cranford and Victoria Davis from Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC – Faculty Advisor, Dr. Philip Gibson
Following the selection of three finalists, the teams will head toward Charlotte, NC on April 29th and 30th for a live presentation of their Plan in front of an audience of financial services professionals at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Club. Finalists will also have the opportunity to attend the IARFC Business Owner Consulting Workshop, a tour of the Speedway and a dinner banquet hosted at this premier regional venue.
Want to be a judge for the Finals? Make your reservation and join us April 28 & 29!