Registration has closed for the 2016 National Financial Plan Competition. Thirty-nine undergrads representing 8 universities have signed on to interpret case scenario details of a fictional family and craft a financial plan geared toward achieving the family’s goal of experienced consultants. Those universities participating are:
- San Diego State University, Adjunct Faculty Stephen Nielander, San Diego, CA;
- Louisiana State University, Professor Frances C. Lawrence, Baton Rouge, LA;
- University of North Texas, Adjunct Finance Professor David Ragan, Denton, TX;
- Clarion University of PA, Professor Jeff Eicher, Clarion, PA;
- Bryant University, Lecturer Mara Derderian, Smithfield, RI;
- Bowling Green State University, Instructor J. Michael Galbraith, Bowling Green, OH;
- California State University, Asst Professor of Finance Inga Chira, Northridge, CA;
- Central Michigan University, Faculty Advisor Doug Iles, Mt. Pleasant, MI.
Participating in the IARFC National Financial Plan Competition has definitely broadened my view of the financial world. Not only does it help you on your resume but throughout your life because you have to plan for your financial needs as well…first place winner Staci Rezendes.
Check out the Plan Competition Info on the IARFC Website for more details on how you can sponsor or judge the Finals in Charlotte, NC.